Tuesday 31 March 2015

Busy being Born.

I am a passionate person. Most people who know me, will confirm this. 
One of my biggest passions is learning; anything and everything. I love watching documentaries: crime, history, nature and any other kind. 
Learning is part of my dedication to growth. Not only my knowledge of facts, but of spiritual and philosophical concepts. I want to learn everything. 
Much of the knowledge may be considered trivial. I realise that much of the facts I know will not make me a dollar. Nonetheless I value these facts because they encourage me to think and see the wonders of the Universe. It reminds me that I am not the end all and be all of this world and there is something divine at work in my life and that of every other living creature. 
My passion does not stop at learning that porcupines masturbate or that giraffes have the same number of bones in their necks as humans or that a koala bear has three vaginas (yup, it's true). But I also am constantly looking for a better way to live my life. How to change my perspective to help me be a better me. Whether it is learning about a different faith, or being able to see the wonders of Nature, there is always something to be learned. And most of all, I know that I can learn from anyone and anything. It may be from the cashier at the grocery store, the homeless person on the street, or a Phd. professor at a reputable University. There is something I can learn if I open my mind to it. I have learned that a smile, a please and a thank you can mean a lot to a person; that some people need compassion not judgement; and that sometimes a phd is just a piece of paper. 
If I am not busy being born, than I am busy dying. As long as I continue to learn, I am always busy being born. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.